The "keys" to your success are right at your fingertips.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Business Resolutions for 2012

If you are only making New Year's resolutions for your personal life, you are missing out. Writing down clear goals for your business this year will help you stay on track. Just like your personal goals, you should create objectives that are definitive and measurable. Don't forget to implement a reporting system and timelines, so you can stay on track and make adjustments, as needed.

Here are some goals that I plan to reach in 2012. Maybe they will spark some ideas for you.
  1. Step up my blogging efforts. I started blogging this last year and my posts have been sporadic, at best. This year I am starting by joining the Ultimate Blog Challenge, which requires me to post 31 times in 31 days. My goal after the challenge is to post once a week (every other week here and every other week on my personal blog - Embracing My Dorkiness) and to gain at least 30 subscribers on each.
  2. Take advantage of all Social Media has to offer. I vow to update my Facebook business page at least every other day. I will establish myself on LinkedIn and gain 15 contacts every quarter of 2012. I will learn how to Twitter properly, and I will learn Google+ inside and out by the end of March. I will update my goals for Twitter and Google+ by April 1st. I will take advantage of HootSuite to help me maintain my goals.
  3. Read three books on Search Engine Optimization by the end of June. Update my SEO goal by July 1st.
  4. Overhaul my website by the end of the year. Create a clear and detailed plan of action by the end of September.
It feels good to have it all in writing and to share with others that will keep me accountable. I will also make a commitment to post updates on my goals at the end of each quarter to obligate me to my objectives.

Wishing you all a happy, productive, efficient, and profitable 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment