The "keys" to your success are right at your fingertips.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

What I Hate About Your Web Site - Part II

Okay, so one rant about bad web sites wasn't enough. It needed some additional attention. I have one gigantic pet peeve left, which I could have broken down into another list of five separate items, but they all pretty much come down to one thing. I absolutely HATE it when web sites don't work. The links are not there, the search function doesn't give you what you are looking for, the pages are not found, the contact information is incorrect, and the forms don't submit.


If you are going to have any of these items on your web site, you need to test them regularly and make sure they work. If you aren't going to maintain your web site to keep it fully functional, then you should take all of that extra stuff off of it. I would much rather browse through a nice simple web site that has basic information and valid contact information. If I need more, I'll e-mail you. Otherwise, it is just frustrating.


Please realize that I am not ranting just to get this off my chest. I'm hoping that if anyone reads this, they will make changes. I guarantee you that I am not the only one who feels this way. I'm sure you have felt this way about other sites. So, I invite you to take a good hard look at your web site from the view of a prospective customer. Would you hire you? Would you buy from you?



No comments:

Post a Comment