The "keys" to your success are right at your fingertips.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Thomas Edison is HOT


Thomas Alva Edison
In fact, Thomas Edison is on fire when it comes to motivational quotes, especially for entrepreneurs. Here are my top ten favorites for life and business. 

10. "Be courageous. I have seen many depressions in business. Always America has emerged from these stronger and more prosperous. Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith! Go forward!" 
9.  "One might think that the money value of an invention constitutes its reward to the man who loves his work. But... I continue to find my greatest pleasure, and so my reward, in the work that precedes what the world calls success."
8.  "What you are will show in what you do."
7.  "Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure."
6.  "Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."
5.  "The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around."
4.  "I never did a day's work in my life. It was all fun."
3.  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
2.  "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
1.  "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."

Thomas Edison not only invented the phonograph, motion picture camera, and a practical light bulb, he was a business owner who managed to sell his inventions and put them to practical use. Although I do not agree with everything Thomas Edison ever said, he believed in hard work and perseverance, which are two key qualities required for every successful entrepreneur.

No comments:

Post a Comment